Oct 22, 2014

Time you spend on me, I spend mine on being free

I feel people get used to things too easy. Routines. Traditions. OK, so there's adventurers and dreamers too, but most people. We don't see the opportunities life has to offer and all the great things you can experience in the world, because we don't want to. We don't need to. We get comfortable too easy. I'm saying "we" here because I've done it as well, and will probably do it again.

But I also feel limited, restricted, trapped and forced after a while. That's mostly how I felt living in Norway. Because I knew I was meant for more. Bigger things. And there was no way of getting it back home.

There was too many people who required and expected shit from me. I couldn't deal with it. I couldn't deal with the fact that I wasn't 100% in control of my life. I felt limited to the life that everyone else was living, because everyone was expecting me to live that way too. And I don't really care about people's opinion of me, but there are people who I didn't want to let down or disappoint , who also had the highest expectations.

It came to the point where I did more things people expected me to do, than things I actually wanted to do. I was destructive, and couldn't see further in the future than maybe 5 minutes. I was fucking miserable. And so I pulled a Eric Cartman, said "Screw you guys, I'm going home". And then I went.

And all the expectations, requirements and judgement was only a internet connection away. Let's just say I've been more disconnected than connected the last two years. And to everyone that hates me a little for this, I am really sorry. But I just have to live a little. The way I want to live.


No comments: