Oct 13, 2014

Adventure Time Marathon Sunday

If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.” -Frank Zappa.

So since Saturday started with hungover apocalypse, I figured it had to end that way as well. No, I actually went out because it's Malta, and it's always happening something that you can't say no to. On Saturday it was a cute Swedish one that moved to Oslo a while back who came to visit. At 8 in the evening. At a champaign and cigar bar.

I didn't come home until now, and it's Monday. How did that happen? Safe to say you can blame my best friend, Adventure time and her couch. And probably a little bit the bottle prices in bars in Malta as well.

But I am not complaining, not really. I got to spend all of Sunday with my best friend and a newbie who just moved here. Both are from back home and I love that I can actually talk without thinking first, and in my own language. It makes the conversations a bit more random but still direct and honest in a way as we don't have to think about translations and shit. Two of us has been living in Malta for so long, we kinda started talking less Norwegian, and more Swedish and English. And when we actually did speak Norwegian, it was most likely the more common Norwegian. No accent and no special dialect words, because it's easier that way, and because læven, læmp, læl, laug, sjø. Which will make sense if you're from Trondheim, but most probably not if you're from somewhere else, even if that's another part of Norway.

We did actually spend all day watching Adventure Time tho, which was great even tho I was asleep more than awake. But I love that show, And so it got me thinking how I love living my life like a constant adventure, and how I love that I can do whatever I want to all the time, and still have friends that wants to do the same. Like watching cartoons all day.

And also, yolo, your sincerely, I'm still hung over as fuck.

No comments: