Jul 27, 2014

I've been out on that open road.

Yesterday I celebrated two years in Malta. I celebrated with falling asleep early. (For now..) I'm going to celebrate more next weekend with my sidekick, whom I moved here with. Were doing all the highlights of Malta, and I am so exited.



I've lived here roughly 10% of my life, and I'm secretly hoping I never have to leave. No place has shown me this much kindness, acceptance and appreciation. In Lana Del Rays' "Ride" she's talking about how "the men I met along the road were my only summer". Malta is my only summer, and even tho I love the idea of being free to do whatever I want to, and go wherever I want to, I still want to be here for now. I have a million plans and adventures waiting for me, but for now I belong here.

I came here seeking adventures and cheap thrills, and got so much more. I found a place that allowed me to be me, and to evolve into the person I want to become. I've always loved running away from everything negative, but Malta is so much more than running away from something, it's running to something, its running with someone and its running because you simply just love the wind in your hair.
.

"Who are you?
Are you in touch with all of your darkest fantasies?
Have you created a life for yourself where you can experience them?
I have. I am fucking crazy.
But I am free."


No comments: