Oct 1, 2014

Music is what feelings sound like

Let me start of with explaining one thing. I love most feelings that aren't that personal. Like exited, adventurous or curious. I find personal feelings a bit boring and a bit too serious, and I honestly don't have time for it at all.

And that's one of the reasons why I love music so much. Music gives me those feelings, and some songs even has this overwhelming and totally undescriptive feeling, like the song just went and made it's own feeling, just for you. It's hard to explain, so let me show you instead.

Some random artist named JJ made a remake of Dr.Dre's Still and it is insane (all links will open in a new tab so you can youtube-surf, your welcome). Easily one of the chillest songs I know, and probably my favourite summer song. This song especially has a kind of feeling to it. You know that very specific, but non descriptive one. Then we have Tinashe with Boss, the Ryan Hemsworth Remix, which also is one of my favorites because it comes with this great feeling. It feels like floating in a pool in the middle of summer while you're really wasted, but a great kind of wasted. And it feels like fucking happiness.


Vacation, Get a Tan, Swim forever, Margarita. 

Then you have ZHU with Faded, and if you haven't heard it yet, then I genuinely feel sorry for you, if only just a little. Aaron Smith's Dancin(KRONO Remix) is also the bomb, and is totally making me wanna dance. And then dance some more. And then replay the song.

I first heard the HugLife remix of The Weekend's Wicked Games a year ago, and you need to hear it asap. It feels just like really good drugs should feel like. I suppose.. And the drop(?) at 1:20-something is insane. Then I heard Next, and totally fell for that one as well. Then Kygo remixed his song Often, and anything Kygo works for me.

And then there's Eminem. Even tho he raps about killing people and choking bitches and generally really negative lyrics, I totally get in a good mood when I hear his songs. It's done so hard, and so fucking majestic that it doesn't matter.

But nothing cheers me up as much as Biggie's Juicy. Or anything Biggie for that matter. Back To Cali is also one of my favorites, both the original and the Yinyues Remix.


I kinda like music better than people, but I think you figured that out already.

No comments: