Jan 5, 2015

Happiness isn't a destination, it's a way of life.

The last few months has been great. I have decided to be happy all the time, and now a days, people aren't fucking with that. Which means I've been constantly happy for months. I love it. Thanks everyone.

But it's more than just deciding. OK, so I am actually so stubborn, that it might have worked only deciding, but I'm not taking any chances so I also do a lot of things to guarantee my happiness. Because if you don't know what actually makes you happy, how can you be?

You only have control over three things in your life—the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take. How you use these three things determines everything you experience.


There is no correct recipe for happiness, but this is the shit that makes me happy:

Being around other happy people.
There is few things in life that's more enjoyable than to spend time with happy people, especially those who makes you as happy as they are. 

Junk food.
 Preferably burger, but really anything with melted cheese if I'm going to be honest.

Gangster rap.
Because that shit made me do it, and will probably make me do it again. A lot of times actually. Gangster rap can pretty much make me do anything, like smiling and laughing and dancing and stuff. Gangster rap is probably the only thing that can make me do anything.

The sea.
The sea will always be my first and only love. Nothing will ever be able to calm me like the sea does or be wild enough to keep me entertained for such a long period of time. I'm sorry, but there is no comparison.


Art.
Any kind of art really. But very much street art. At least the kind done right. Destroying something in a way that it becomes more beautiful is a fucking achievement and I so appreciate it. Even simple love dedications to tacos.

Shopping. 
Because nothing feels better than buying shit I really don't need, just because I want to. And can. I like pretty things and clothes. Sue me.

The sky.
One of the reasons I am so happy in Malta, is because of the incredible skyline we get sometimes(read: all the time, especially in the morning). The beauty of it's mesmerizing and I can't get enough even if it's sunsets, sunrises or just damn good weather.

All the small things.
They say "you never know what you have until you've lost it". Well I fucking know what I have. Mango, the smell of coconut+Moroccan oil, city lights, night club lights, any lights really, the smell of the seasons(fall and spring mostly), kittens, the word Adventure. Small things. Ideas. The best things in life aren't things someone once said. Understandable. 

also I like Tumblr a lot. If you couldn't tell.

No comments: