Sep 13, 2014

Winter is Coming

My French bulldog is back with it's actual owner/family now, and apparently my French flatmate is getting his cat back. I'm thrilled. More exited than I've been in a while. It's like getting my own cat, but without the responsibility. I would love to have a cat more than anything, except my freedom. So this arrangement works out perfectly.

Also I've been kinda bummed out due to the fact that winter is coming. Again. Like how did this even happen? Last I checked it was June and not September. One or two months left of summer and that's it. No more swimming comfortable in the Ocean until next April. No more pool hang until next May. And definitely no more "one piece of clothing to work"-days until next year.

However, sitting inside for a few months when you have a cat isn't half bad. It's actually great. And there are actually some other things with this season that doesn't make me wanna kill myself. So this is how I will survive these few months coming our way soon:

1. Beanies.
Even tho I still wear beanies during the summer, I cannot wait to wear them without the weird looks, and the sweaty girls on the bus stop emphasizing  to their friend that it is actually 30 degrees outside, while looking at me with the famous "it smells like shit"-expression on her stupid face.

2. Jewelry.
Ever been swimming in a pool with fake gold accessories? Ever gotten tan lines on your fingers and wrists? Ever burned yourself after touching jewelry that's been lying in the sun? Yeah, that's what I thought.

3.Anything Leather.(Read: Everything Leather)

4. Closed shoes/Boots.
Because all my open shoes gives me blisters except my heels.

5. Over-sized Sweaters.
This will replace the summer dress, which is the chillest item of clothing ever. Thank God this is acceptable and thank God I moved from Norway.

6. Underwear.
Really, who wears underwear in the summer? Not me, at least the times I can get away with it. Ps. I spend my free time in the summer mostly in Bikinis. 


7. Lip stick.
Because if Malta's humidity doesn't fuck it up, then the pool or the ocean will. Or when your drinking something which you have to do all the time. Just face the facts, lipstick is a fall/winter/spring thing.

8. Stockings.
Because fuck yes. The only problem is that Maltese people have in general a lot shorter feet than I do. So I get knee-socks at the best.



No comments: