Nov 10, 2014

Kill them with kindness

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Even tho I prefer it, being super tolerant towards all people, all the time, is fucking hard. It's so hard because a lot of people aren't very deserving of the kindness you are giving them. And some people don't even deserve it at all. Some people are so rude and mean it's almost fucking up my wish to treat everyone with kindness. But have you ever thought about the fact that, being upset because of someone else, is just like punishing yourself because of someone else's stupidity. I will not do it.

It was better for me when I could imagine greatness in others, even if it wasn't always there.” -Bukowski

This quote changed my life. I started imagining everyone being the mother Theresa of our generation, and its working out great. Seriously, if you expect people to be rude and unpleasant, they will be for sure, but luckily it works the other way around too. Just imagine that all people are really nice, and if you don't give them the opportunity to ruin that picture you have of them, you will be great. Or at least in a better mood.


No comments: